Anita, Jesse, Mateo, & Joaquin welcome you to our blog, where we post photos and stories about our adventures as a family.
Thursday, September 6, 2007
ANITA'S BIRTH STORY
My due date was September 25th, Mateo ended up coming early at the gestational age of 36 weeks, 5 days. Here's the quickie version of the birth saga... On Thursday evening (Aug 30th) I had severe upper right abdominal pain. This worried us, since (as some of you know) I was being monitored for high blood pressure and the potential to develop pre-eclampsia, which can have abdominal pain as one of the potential symptoms of the liver going bad. We rushed to St. Luke's Hospital as the pain got increasingly severe, where I was admitted and it was discovered that due to an egregious lab error I had been walking around with undiagnosed pre-eclampsia for over a week. However, the pain was not from the pre-eclampsia- oddly enough it was from an unrelated gallbladder attack. After a night of horrendous pain, the gallbladder attack subsided and the team at St. Luke's decided it was necessary to induce labor due to the pre-eclampsia. The labor itself was very difficult lasting from Friday through Sunday morning, with some scary moments related to the pre-eclampsia, but eventually on early Sunday morning I was able to give birth vaginally to my beautiful baby, who throughout all of this drama had never once been in distress or in any way compromised. To top off everything, I had surgery on Tuesday afternoon to remove the gallbladder, and finally got to come home on Wednesday. We are all doing well, but very exhausted and of course, I am recovering from the intense labor experience as well as from surgery so I have a lot of bed rest and recuperating to do. This was one of the most difficult challenges of my life, and I want to say that I could not have made it without the amazing providers at St. Luke's who kept me safe while supporting me to have the beautiful birth experience that I had hoped for when I was planning my homebirth. Even more essential was my amazing birth team, No way can I ever be thankful enough for my best friend Jen Schwartz, friend & doula Kim Bambao, midwife Deborah Simone, and my husband & partner Jesse. They loved me, protected me and gave me strength to make it through the arduous journey. I also immensely appreciate our friends and family who have helped out, worried for us and prayed for us. We love you all! Jesse, Mateo and I will be slowly emerging back into the world, and we look forward to having you meet our new family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh, Anita and Jesse, Mateo is so beautiful! I am so thankful that you were kept safe, Anita, and that you and Mateo are doing well. I can hardly wait to meet the young man!
Love, Auntie
Praise and Thanks be to God. All three of you are OK. Mateo Nadav is as handsome as his dad and as beautiful as his mom. May he be as intelligent as both. May he prosper in all ways and have a long, loving and peaceful life. My heat overflows with love and joy.
Hi Anita, Jesse and Mateo!!! I am so happy that everything worked out beautifully. Mateo is amazing. I can't wait to meet him. Enjoy your days of recovery and learning to be a family. Every day is going to be more amazing then the next. Mateo will keep your hearts melting. Being a parent is the best adventure!
Love Always, Julie, Joe and Sam Bohaczek
Congratulations to the entire family. *grinning from ear to ear*
-James "Obi"
Congratulations!! The baby is absolutely beautiful! Enjoy him, he is so precious!
I'm a friend and patient of Dr.and Mrs. Rissman.
Mazol tov!
Fran Divine
I'm so glad that St. Luke's was good to you-- yay! I love St. Luke's too. Congratulations, you all look beautiful. Candice
Anita and Jesse, you know of course that we are so extremely proud of you. You are two beautiful people who couldn't help but have an equally beautiful baby. I will tell you honestly that I have tears in my eyes every time I look at the pictures of little Teo and think of all you went through. WE ARE SO THANKFUL THAT YOU ARE ALL SAFE AND WELL. We want to call, but don't want to disturb your rest...so we're waiting. Know that our thoughts are with you and we can't wait to get our arms around all of you!
Love - Sherry and Dad
PS - Your Dad says, "You can tell he's a Zamora, 'cause he GOOD LOOKIN'!--Sorry Jesse" ;)
I am so glad you are Mateo are both okay! I had heard through the Woodstock grapevine (since Daniel and Kara were out of town) that things were difficult but did not realize how hard they must have been until I read your posting just now.
Mateo is a beautiful little being (and I love his name - Mateo Nadav is awesome!!!)
Congratulations to you and Jesse!
He is a beautiful, healthy, pink baby! I am so happy for you both. Sending you love from Minnesota. Thanks for the photos. you are in my thought!
Love you,
Mara, Chris, Amelie
Congratulations guys! Mateo is a good choice.
Post a Comment