Friday, September 19, 2008

Baby Shopper, Aisle 9

Sometimes I really underestimate Mateo, and then he amazes me! We (Mateo & Anita) went grocery shopping Thursday night and (as usual) he was trying to pull items off the shelves and then fussing when I would not let him. I just assumed that he wanted to grab them, hold them, eat them, and drop them so I kept trying to divert him. Finally, in the produce section I let him touch the broccoli. He immediately chose one and placed it in the bag I was holding with the other broccoli. Amazed, I asked him to pick out a potato and put it in the basket, and he did. He subsequently picked out all our apples and pears and placed them in their respective produce bags. Who knew he even understood how to shop, much less be able to do it? I was so blown away that I had to refrain from buying one of every fruit and vegetable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's on his way now. Anita, Jesse, you're going to need track shoes...and vitamins. I have to tell you, last month my Kia was stolen right out of our driveway. We walked out the door this afternoon to discover that Fons' truck had been stolen. I have been so bummed ever since. I did what I've done since September 3, 2008, when I need a pick-me-up or a smile. I visited Teo's site. Works every time! Love to you all...Sherry and Fons