Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Why It's All Worth It

Days spent covered in spit-up from a baby who refuses to be put down for more than 10 minutes and hates naps. Nights spent sleeping in two hour stints while sitting up so the baby won't choke on the spit-up coming out of his mouth and nose. In the middle of the night I blearily bend over to pick up Mateo and in the dim light I am greeted with a pair of bright eyes and a big grin. I sure love this baby.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I remember having a baby sleep book which I would otherwise not recommend, but which said that this kind of fussiness typically peaks at about 6-8 weeks, but is generally a lot better by about 12 weeks. This is one thing Esme did by the book--hopefully Mateo is as fussy as he is going to get!